Alpha Omega Suspension Systems
3.0″ O.D. X 120″ Wall 4130N Steel Tube
Electroless nickel inside and out. Zinc top coat on outer surface only with clear chromate conversion coating (to protect nickel plating against prop blast).
Solid Elastomeric Polymer
• Basic AOSS Unit: 6.0 lbs. (per side)
• Complete Assembly AOSS Unit For Extended Gear: 6 Lbs. 12 oz. (per side)
• Complete Assembly AOSS Unit for 3″ Extended Gear: 7 lbs. 2 oz. (per side)
• Original drop test conducted using calculated landing weights for 2,070 lbs. gross weight.
• Additional drop testing in 2006 was conducted at a gross weight of 2,300 lbs.
• Official FAA Cold-drop testing performed to -20° Fahrenheit (unofficial testing to -26° Fahrenheit)
• Client feedback in the field have reported operations in tempuratures as low as -40° Fahrenheit with excellent results.
• Reserve energy test: requires drop height to be up to 1 1/2 times the “limit load” drop height (just short of 18″)
Maximum acceleration: 4.7g’s (forces from 5.2 to 5.4g’s are normally expected)